See the latest updates and information regarding the COVID-19 pandemic, including
a list of University contact information at semo.edu/covid19.
Peer tutoring should be used to supplement other means of support such as class sessions/participation
and the course instructor. If you still need more intensive, individualized tutoring,
you may request individual online peer tutoring by following these steps:
- Inform your course instructor that you are requesting a tutor.
- Complete the Tutor Request Form.
- Read and accept the TERMS AND CONDITIONS.
- Only students with an online major may request an online peer tutor.
- Requesting a tutor does not guarantee that you will be placed with a tutor. Tutor
Requests are processed in the order received.
- Please submit ONLY ONE request per class. Submitting multiple requests will delay
the assignment process.
- Southeast Online is currently offering online peer tutoring for the following courses
only: MA134, MA155, MA123, and MA106.
- A microphone and web camera as well as a broadband internet connection are necessary
to participate in tutoring.
Please read and accept the following Terms and Conditions before submitting your request.
STUDENT AGREEMENT FOR ONLINE TUTORING TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- I understand that Southeast Online may:
- Distribute my information to prospective tutors
- Contact me for additional information
- If I am unable to keep a scheduled session with a peer tutor, I will notify my tutor
at least twenty four hours prior to the start of the session. Multiple “no-shows”
or cancelled sessions may result in my tutoring sessions being discontinued.
- I will be prepared and actively participate in all online tutoring sessions.
- If I drop the course for which I am receiving online tutoring, I will contact my Academic
- I understand that tutoring cannot replace regular class participation.
- It is an expectation for me to evaluate the tutoring and online tutoring program after
every online session. I will be provided with an evaluation at the end of each session.
- My tutor will not do my homework, but will help me understand the concepts behind
a problem, or the process of solving it.
- I am fully and ultimately responsible for my academic performance. Participation in
Online Peer Tutoring is not a guarantee of an improved course grade.
- I will abide by Southeast Missouri State University’s Student Code of Conduct accessible
By agreeing to these Terms and Conditions you are stating that you understand and
ACCEPT TERMS AND CONDITIONS