See the latest updates and information regarding the COVID-19 pandemic, including
a list of University contact information at semo.edu/covid19.
- All Tutors must be undergraduate students and have earned an “A” in all classes they
wish to tutor. Tutors must also maintain a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 and a major
GPA of 3.0. Grades will be verified. Appropriate departmental approval may also be
- Tutors must have uninterrupted internet service (dial-up internet service will not
be adequate for online tutoring sessions), a web cam, and microphone for their computer
or tablet. Tutors must also be familiar with Moodle and utilizing web-based teaching
- You may fill out the application on-line or download the application and return to
- Complete and read each section of this application, with the exception of the Reference
Check Form, and submit online or return to Southeast Online, located in Kent Library.
- Give a Reference Check Form to each academic reference. Southeast Online prefers that
you choose a former instructor in the academic area for which you are applying. E.g.,
if you are applying to tutor MA134, please choose a former instructor from the Math
Department. Your chosen reference may fill out the Check Form and return the completed
form to Southeast Online through campus mail or by e-mailing the form to Southeast
- You must also provide a complete Student Degree Audit, which is updated through your
most recently completed semester. This can be found either on the Southeast Portal
under your student tab, labeled “DegreeWorks Student,” or from your academic advisor.
- Applications will not be reviewed until all required information has been provided
to Southeast Online. Once the application process is complete, your application will
be reviewed by the Southeast Online staff. After review of said application a Southeast
Online staff member will contact you via e-mail or phone to let you know of your application
- Any questions or concerns should be directed to Leah Michel. Offices are in Kent Library
434: (573) 651-2766, firstname.lastname@example.org
Two Reference Check Forms must be submitted to Southeast Online before your application will receive full consideration.
If you prefer, you can download this form and submit via mail to Southeast Online, MS MS4610 or email to email@example.com