See the latest updates and information regarding the COVID-19 pandemic at semo.edu/covid19.
A limited number of assistantships are available for qualified students in the Harrison
College of Business and Computing. The Graduate School requires students applying
for an assistantship to present a minimum undergraduate grade point average of 2.7.
The assistantship provides a stipend plus a waiver of all fees.
The purpose of a Graduate Assistantship is intended to support the recruitment of
highly qualified students into the graduate program. A secondary purpose is to support
current students who have demonstrated outstanding success in the graduate work they
Graduate Assistantship in the Harrison College of Business and Computing
For those individuals seeking a graduate assistantship in the Harrison College of
Business and Computing the following items are required:
- Admission to the Graduate School and the MBA Program.
- Current Resume.
- Letter of Application, which includes information, related to the following: previous
academic performance, business experience, computer processing and programming skills,
statistical knowledge, and literature research experience. Please include the web
address of your YouTube video (see next bullet.)
- Personal video on YouTube providing answer to two questions:
- Why are you applying for a GA position?
- What are the unique skills you bring to a GA position?
Please send all application materials to: email@example.com
MBA Selection Process
- Application and Acceptance letter on file
- Transcript on file
- GPA (Academic Performance - Undergraduate and/or Current Graduate GPA).
- Skills and Experiences (on resume)
- Business Experience
- Computer Skills
- Statistical Skills
- Library Skills
- Writing Skills
- Full-time students (Enrolled in at least 9 hours and maintaining good academic standing
as explained in General Provision #1 in the Graduate Bulletin).
- Graduate Assistants are not to take more than 12 hours per semester.
- A regular 9 month academic year (Fall, Spring) commitment, including an annual written
evaluation by supervisor.
- This academic research assistantship will include a written evaluation completed by
the assistant's immediate supervisor at the conclusion of the contract period.
When there are graduate assistant positions available, the job posting will be listed
Application materials are due for Spring assistantships by October 15.
Application materials are due for Fall assistantships by March 15.