I. Enable Remote Desktop on your office computer (Windows 7)
Office computers have the remote setting on by default, however, you can check to
ensure it is on by following these instructions:
- Click Start, click Control Panel, and choose the System link.
- Click the Remote Settings link.
- On the Remote tab, select the Allow connections from computers running any version of Remote Desktop, as shown below.
- Click OK.
II. Record full computer name of your office computer
- Click Start, in the search box type cmd, press Enter.
- In the black window, type ipconfig, press Enter.
- Note your IPv4 address listed. (i.e. 150.201.x.x)
- Next, type nslookupyourIPAddress, press Enter. (i.e. nslookup 150.201.x.x)
- Record the full computer name listed to take with you (i.e. xxxx.semo.edu)
Note: If it is not listed, contact the help desk or create a ticket to fix the issue
- Close the Command Prompt window.
III. Create a new Remote Desktop Connection from remote computer
- Open Remote Desktop Connection by clicking Start, point to Programs or All Programs, point to Accessories, and then click Remote Desktop Connection.
Note: If you are running Windows Vista/7, Remote Desktop Connection will be directly in the Accessories folder (not Communications)
- In the Computer textbox, type the full computer name for your office computer that has Remote Desktop enabled
and for which you have Remote Desktop permissions. (i.e. xxxx.semo.edu)
- Click Connect.
- The Log On to Windows dialog box appears.
In the Log On to Windows dialog box, type your user name, password, and domain (if required), and then click
OK. The Remote Desktop window will open and you will see the desktop settings, files,
and programs that are on your office computer. Your office computer will remain
locked. Nobody will be able to work at your office computer without a password, nor
will anyone see the work
you are doing on your office computer remotely.
IV. End the Remote Desktop session
- In the Remote Desktop Connection window, click Start, and then click Disconnect.
- In the Disconnect Window, click Disconnect.