See the latest updates and information regarding the COVID-19 pandemic at semo.edu/covid19.
Back to Service Catalog
Email - Filtering and Organizing Emails
Email & Collaboration
How to Filter and Organize Emails
- Go to mail.semo.edu
- Hover over the Folders option on top left, click the plus icon (create new folder) Then Type out Folders name. (Ex. Shopping) and press Enter.
- Click Settings icon on top right of page.
- Go to bottom of side menu and click Mail.
- On left hand side under Automatic processing, Go to the Inbox and sweep rules.
- Click the Add (plus icon) under Inbox rules.
- Give rule a meaningful name (Ex. Shopping Rule)
- Under the When the message arrives...Click the drop down and click the -It includes these words.
- Choose the option in the subject..And then type a word you want to filter. Ex. Macys, then press Enter. (You can do more then one word per rule. Just press enter after each word to add
- Under the Do all to the following. Choose the Move, copy, or delete. Then choose Move the message to folder.
- Then choose which folder you'd like these emails to go. Ex. Shopping and click OK.
- Go to top of page and click the OK option to save rules.