See the latest updates and information regarding the COVID-19 pandemic at semo.edu/covid19.
To help ensure the security of University data, all workstations must be secured
according to the standards listed below unless a more stringent regulatory requirement
- University owned Windows workstations must be managed through the University's Active
University owned windows workstations must have the local administrator account renamed
and any guest accounts disabled.
Basic security settings must be enforced by locol or domain level policy.
- Each computer object must be located in the appropriate AD OU.
- Each workstation must be joined to the domain.
Antivirus software must be installed and definitions kept current.
For university owned systems, the IT department must maintain an inventory including
serial number and owner information.
Exceptions to these standards must be approved by the campus ISO and will be reevaluated
on a periodic basis.
- Security patching must be enforced and performed on a regular basis.
- Local account passwords must meet.
- Local firewall must be turned on.
- Automatic locking of workstation after idle timer expires.