COVID-19 Information

See the latest updates and information regarding the COVID-19 pandemic at


This information concerns Banner 8, which is no longer being used. Updated information will be released soon.
Please contact the IT help desk with questions or concerns.
To schedule a Banner training, please contact Training and Development.

For a key word Search, press CTRL + F.

* The question section contains the following information:
Main question or problem topic, (Banner Version), Reference number, status, and actual question or problem


Financial Aid

Financial Services


Human Resources



Q: Admission Holds: (6), #96, Closed
Three issues with holds: a)Admission holds are a problem for advisors at centers, particulary; can we give advisors permission to lift admission holds?
A: "AD" hold will continue to be used to prevent an enrolled student with an incomplete admission file from enrolling for a second semester. "AF" hold will no longer be used. However, a new student should not be given the PIN # for registration purposes until they have been advised. New, first-time students are required to attend a First Step Orientation.

Q: Web Application: (6), #57, Closed
Web application problems being experienced by the graduate office.
A: This problem has been resolved.

Q: Pell Grant Report: (6), #47, Open
Pell Grant Report needed by January 07
A: See Karen Walker

Q: Financial Aid Holds: (6), #97, Closed
B) Financial Aid holds are a real problem for all Pas. They have to call the FA office and are placed on hold while the student waits and waits. Interacting with the FA office is a problem. Could there be a single point of contact--a hot line for PA's?
A: Enrollment is not prevented by Financial Aid holds but there are several Accounts Receivable holds that may interfere. The hot-line to Financial Services (Student A/R) is 651-2253.

Q: Adjusted Student Bill Printout: (6), #87, Open
Not able to print out student's adjusted bill with due date when making changes in classes (use to be able to do so).
A: It is hoped CORE will provide adjusted student bill printouts by January 1, 2007.

Q: Hold Issue: (6), #58, Closed
Hold issue: SFAREGS-account holds, delinquent holds are being placed on students even when there shouldn't be a hold. Department then must contact SFS and have the hold manually removed. Even once removed, the hold reoccurs.
A: Holds can occur if a student is delinquent or has other issues that cause a financial hold to be placed on the account. Please contact Student Financial Services at 651-2253 if there are errors with the holding process

Q: Core Project Status Report: (6), #65, Open
The entire campus would like a status report on the Core project and functionality
A: Please contact Verona Lambert at 651-2253 with any questions regarding Accounts Receivables

Q: Enrolling Students: (6), #66, Closed
Do those enrolling students have to manually enter program fees (i.e., fees such as nursing, lab) or will the fee be charged automatically--and will student see this charge immediately reflected on the online statement?
A: Departments enter their own fees. Unless a fee is tied to a specific course and the charge is in connection with fee assessment, miscellaneous departments must enter their own charges. For questions regarding this, and/or for training and access, please contact Student Financial Services at 651-2253.

Q: Accounts Payable Holds: (6), #98, Closed
c)Accounts Payable holds. Often a student is prevented from enrolling because of a trivial amount still remaining to be paid (25 cents). Under legacy, Student Accounts was able to set the amount higher and add certain conditions. Can we duplicate or approximate this under Banner?
A: Accounts Receivable holds are actually no different than in Legacy. We use the same paramenters and conditions that we processed in the Legacy system. If you believe holds are occurring incorrectly, please contact Student Financial Services at 651-2253 to let us know and the incidence will be researched.

Q: GAs Refund of Dropped Courses: (6), #55, Closed
GAs drop course but the refund is going to the student, even though the department paid for the course.
A: It was decided the Graduate Office would monitor enrollment by placing restrictions on the courses. The Grad Office will notify Student Financial Services if an assistantship should be adjusted. (X-10/2/2006)

Q: Nonpayment List of Students: (6), #101, Closed
The lists of students dropped for nonpayment provided by Student Accounts are cumbersome Excel spreadsheets. Students are identified by course and instructor, but not by department. We need to add department and college indicators and distribute to departments directly rather than to PAs.
A: A roster list for students dropped for non-payment is on the IT Project list. We hope to have this completed before the beginning of the spring semester.

Q: Frequently Used Forms: (6), #52, In Progress
Organized list of frequently used forms
A: Lists from two staff members will be combined and provided on the web. If any others have created lists of this type, please share with IT Department.

Q: Cheat Sheets: (6), #51, In Progress
Need of cheat sheets on field information.
A: Ruth Vetter may have this started.


IT Help Desk

(573) 651-4357
Memorial Hall 107

IT Office

(573) 651-2217
One University Plaza
Cape Girardeau, Missouri 63701