The International Village is a unique initaitve at Southeast that demonstrates the
university's committment to comprehensive internationalization. Southeast beleives
it has a responsibilty to provide its students with an education that prepares them
to be leaders in the increasingly internconnected and globalized world. And the International
Village is a tool to help us meet that important responsibiltiy.
The Internatoinal Village serves as a hub for internationally-related activities on
campus. In addition to being the home for the Office of International Education and
Services and the Intensive English Programs, the International Village provides a
number of different venues for people from the campus and community to gather in order
to share and learn about the world around us and among us.
The variety of venues in the International Village allows for groups to lead educational,
informational, recreational, and/or social activities. The International Village
rooms that are available for use are:
IV Admin Building 102: Resource Room
This room is for students to learn about study abroad opportunities the University
offers. It can be reserved for presentations and activities for up to 20 people and
can be set up in a variety of ways to meet your unique needs.
IV Admin Building 105: Video Conferencing Room
This room can be used for videoconferencing and webcasting needs. It features brand
new videoconferencing equipment and can accommodate up to 8 people.
IV Admin Building 106: Multipurpose Room and Kitchen
The Multipurpose Room can accommodate activities for up to 200 people (depending on
thje setup), and, as the name suggests, can be used for a range of purposes–athletics,
music and cultural presentations, movies, and food events. The room also features
an 8-burner, two-oven, upscale residential kitchen.
IV Admin Building 107: IEP Computer Lab
A 15-seat computer lab can be used for a variety of trainings and presentations.
The International Village has a parking lot that requires a Southeast Faculty/Staff
parking permit, as well as a few visitor parking spaces. Overflow parking for events
at the International Village is in the Show-Me-Center lot just north of the Village.
No permit is required to park in the Show-Me-Center lot.
To reserve a room at the International Village, please complete the following request
here - Fill out my online form
- All reservable rooms in the International Village have a standard set up. It is the
sole responsibility of the group reserving the room to set the room up to meet their
needs, and to return the room to its standard set up after they are finished. International
Education and Services staff is not available to help groups prepare for or clean
up after activities.
- Room reservations must be made so that the reserved time also covers the time necessary
for setting the room up and returning it to its standard set up. If a group plans
to use FM services for equipment and set up, please be sure that the room reservation
covers the time necessary to accommodate FM's delivery and retrieval of equipment.
- It is the responsibility of the person reserving a room at the International Village
to visit beforehand to understand the resources available for use. The International
Village has some furniture and equipment available for use, but obtaining any other
equipment for an event is the sole responsibility of the person reserving the room.
- Anyone who reserves an International Village room is responsible for all clean up
after their activities, especially when food is involved. Certain cleaning supplies
(listed below) are available, and they are expected to be used. Groups will be expected
to sweep the floor of the spaces used, wipe off all surface areas, and spot mop any
spills or drips that may have occurred. Cleaning supplies available in the back room
of the kitchen are:
- Mop and bucket w/ casters
- Vinegar (pour into bottles)
- Vindicator (disinfectant; to be diluted in spray bottle)
- Glass cleaner (again, to be diluted)
- Hand soap for dispenser
- Dish soap
- The person/group who made the reservation will be held accountable for any uncleaned
items and/or damages incurred to the International Village during the time the room
- Southeast's University Police will be responsible for opening and locking the exterior
doors to the International Village for events that begin or end outside of the university's
standard hours of operation (M-F, 8 am – 5 pm). For any issues pertaining to after-hours
building access, please contact University Police at 573.651.2215.
- Some cooking equipment is available for use in kitchen like pots, pans, carafes, coffee
pots, etc. If a group chooses to use these, they must all be cleaned, dried, and
returned to their storage space. Groups planning to prepare food should look at our
inventory in advance so they can arrange to bring anything else they may need. (NOTE:
The stoves in the kitchen use inductive heat, which means only pots and pans with
an iron content will work. To know if a pot or pan will work on the stove tops, check
to see if a magnet sticks to the bottom. If a magnet sticks, it will work; if a magnet
does not stick, it will not work.)
- With the exception of cleaning materials, all consumables found in the International
Village (i.e., disposable cups, plates, silverware, coffee supplies, etc.) are the
property of International Education and Services and are not available for use.
- Policies pertaining to serving and/or preparing food for activities at the International
Village are as follows:
- It is permissible to
- buy food and beverages to prepare and/or serve for activities and events held at the
- prepare food off-campus and bring to the International Village for an event and use
the kitchen space to serve or finish off the dishes.
- have an outside vendor donate food and serve at the IV. However, this must be a true
donation and not that they donate the food, but charge for labor or say that part
of the total cost is a donation
- It is not permissible to
- charge people for food and drink that is served at the International Village
- pay to have an outside vendor prepare and/or serve food for events held at the International
- prepare food at the International Village that will be served elsewhere