See the latest updates and information regarding the COVID-19 pandemic, including
a list of University contact information at semo.edu/covid19.
Goals and Objectives:
Offer business majors the opportunity to do extended study in international dimension
- Provide students exposure to the quantitative and qualitative foundations to international
- Enhance student awareness of different cultures and how culture affects business practices
by requiring an overseas experience.
Competencies, Knowledge of Skills to be Achieved:
- To develop an understanding of the linkage between theory and practice of business
- To insure students are conversant in contemporary business issues (including diversity,
ethical decision making, international/cultural environment).
- To develop communication skills, critical thinking skills, research skills.
- To develop a foundation for life-long learning necessary for continued professional
Structure of the Degree and Minor:
- Degree Requirements
- Degree requirements (BSBA degree program)
- General Education
- Business Administration Core: 33 credit hours
- Major courses: 24-30 credit hours
- Minor Requirements
Required Courses (15 credit hours):
- MG560 International Management
- MK560 International Marketing
- EC580 International Economics
- FI540 International Finance
- UI343 Transcultural Experience*
Choose three (3) credit hours from
AC450 International Perspective on Accounting
UI322 International Political Economy
UI349 Comparative Economic Systems
MK/MK478 Global Logistics
*UI343 would be waived for students completing a semester abroad program of study.