Office: Brandt 328
BS, Criminal Justice, Southeast Missouri State University
MPA, Southeast Missouri State University
EdD, Educational Leadership, University of Missouri Columbia
Planning & Research
Crime & Human Behavior
- The impact that serving on a victim impact panel has on the victim (With Ms. Laura
Krieger and Dr. Raleigh Blasdell.)
- State-wide evaluation of Missouri Probation and Parole Programs (With Dr. John Wade,
Mr. John Unterreiner, and Mr. Steve Unterreiner)
- Inmates' perspectives of their leadership capabilities (With Dr. John Wade and Dr.
- Students' perceptions of incorporating various technology features in her courses.
- Inmate leadership development programs
Dr. Kilburn joined the Department of Criminal Justice & Sociology in 2010. Before
becoming a faculty member in the Department of Criminal Justice, she served as the
first Director of Southeast Online at Southeast Missouri State University. Dr. Kilburn
also previously served as the Assistant Director of Extended and Continuing Education
where, among many other things, she assisted in developing programs for POST certification
as well as a Methamphetamine Awareness Prevention Program (MEDFELS) for elementary
children. Dr. Kilburn has experience in program development and analysis in both the
service and academic fields.
When not working, Dr. Kilburn loves spending time with her family (and napping!).
She and her husband, Tom, enjoy hiking, traveling and trying new restaurants. The
two have three amazing kiddos: Nora, Eva and Brock. They also have a cat (Mr. Snuggles)
and a miniature collie/Jack Russell mix (Jada). It is never a dull moment at the Kilburn
Dr. Kilburn serves as a volunteer in Corrections at the Southeast Correctional Center
and is active as a student advocate on various committees and projects on campus.