Welcome to the webpage for the Southeast Missouri State Dietetic Internship. Thank you for investigating our program.
The Dietetic Internship consists of 1200 hours of supervised practice and must be completed following an accredited Didactic Program in Dietetics (DPD) program.
The Southeast Missouri State Dietetic Internship is 36 weeks in length, beginning in mid-August and concluding with graduation in May. Our programs offers interns 14 graduate credits that can be applied to Southeast’s Master of Science in Nutrition & Exercise Science.
Internship rotations may be completed in Southeast Missouri; St. Louis, Missouri; or Southern Illinois. Internship classes are blended, meaning some content and requirements are provided face-to-face and some are completed online. Face-to-face classes are completed in weekly blocks in August, November, February, and May.
Please click on the links below to learn more.
Learn more about the
Dietetic Internship program.
Information regarding the application process
and necessary documents can be found here.
Tuition expenses and other related costs
for the Dietetic Internship Program.
Dietetic interns will receive 14 hours of graduate credit. These subject matter credits may be used toward completion of a Master of Arts degree in Human Environmental Studies.
Helpful links for students interested in
the Dietetics Internship Program.
Contact information to find out more
about the Dietetic Internship Program.
The mission of the dietetic internship is to provide a high quality post-baccalaureate program that prepares competent entry-level dietitians to possess the knowledge and professional skills necessary to navigate the ever changing demands related to health and nutrition.
- At least 80% of employer evaluations rate graduates as above or equal to the performance level of other registered dietitians at the same level in comparable positions.
- 100% of students who enroll will complete the program within 15 months.
- The first time pass rate on the RD exam will be ≥ 80% over 5 years.
- 100% of graduates seeking employment in dietetics or related fields will do so within 12 months of program completion.
- Intern portfolios will document attendance at one professional meeting and participation in one continuing professional education opportunity.
- 25% of recent graduates will report being a member of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics.
*Program outcomes data are available upon request.