See the latest updates and information regarding the COVID-19 pandemic, including
a list of University contact information at semo.edu/covid19.
Getting Started with CITI Training - Instructions
- Go to https://citiprogram.org and click the "register" button.
- Select Southeast Missouri State University as your institution; do not do the training
as an independent learner.
- Check “I affirm that I am an affiliate of Southeast Missouri State University.”
- Click the “Continue to Create Your CITI Program Username/Password” button.
- Fill out the form with your personal information. Use your SE email as the primary
- Choose a username, password, and security question and answer.
- After you have registered, you will have the opportunity to select your training
via four questions. If you are not required to do Human Subjects or Responsible Conduct
of Research (RCR) courses, you may need to select “Not at this time.” (at the bottom
of the options) for Question 1 and/or Question 2 in order to submit the form.
Most courses have multiple options. You should select the one most closely related
to your discipline/field or your work or committee responsibilities. For example,
if you are a conducting research with Human Subjects for a Sociology project, you
would select “IRB for Social and Behavioral.” If you are a member of the Institutional
Review Board, you would select “IRB for IRB Committee Members.”
Similarly, choose "Working with the IACUC Course" if you plan to use lab animals in
your work, and scroll down to select the appropriate species module as well.
If you need to take Responsible Conduct of Research training, select the appropriate
course based on your discipline/field of research.
Finally, if you need to take the Conflicts of Interest course, you will only need
to select whether you are a researcher (someone working on a research or scholarly
project) or an administrator.
- After choosing your courses, click "submit", and then choose Southeast Missouri State
University Courses. Click on one of the selected courses, and you will see a list
of modules to be completed.
- Click on a module to begin training. The modules are not timed; each has a set of
learning objectives and a quiz at the end. You need to complete all modules with an
average score of 80% or better to complete the training successfully. You can return
to any module and retake the quiz at any time before completing the course.
- When you have completed a course, notice will be sent automatically to appropriate
University personnel. You can also print the completion report/certificate if you