COVID-19 Information

See the latest updates and information regarding the COVID-19 pandemic at

Student forms

Student Forms

General Education forms are available as Adobe Acrobat Reader (.pdf) files and/or Microsoft Word (.doc/docx) files. 

Course Substitution

To receive General Education credit for a transfer course, to substitute a non-General Education course taken at Southeast for a General Education course, or to waive a General Education course, students should use this form. The guidelines for waiver of UI 100 requirements for transfer students are shown below. Prior to completing the form, students should discuss their proposal with their academic advisor.  After completing the form, students should obtain their advisor's signature and it is recommended to submit the form to

Download PDF

Military-based Substitution

Veterans and currently serving military personnel with 20 or more years of qualifying service, either Active or Reserve Component, are eligible to apply for senior seminar credit based on their military service. To earn this credit, students must complete a 4-5 page (1,000-1,500 words) reflective essay on their military career (typed, double-spaced, use font: Times New Roman 11 or 12). Potential areas to discuss include:

  • Motivation for beginning and continuing military service
  • The relationship of the individual to the group
  • Examples of leadership
  • Experiences with diversity
  • Engagement with military leaders, internal and external
  • Personal growth
  • The impact of overseas service
  • Key educational experiences
  • The development of communities within the military

For assistance with preparing your essay, please visit the Center for Writing Excellence,

For more information about the substitution process, please contact the Office of Military and Veteran Services, or contact the General Education Office,

UI100 Waiver Guidelines - Transfer Students

UI100, First Year Seminar, is required of all beginning students and transfer students with fewer than 24 degree credit hours.

General Education Contract for Study Abroad

The student must request and receive advance permission for additional project-based efforts that relate their experience to General Education.

Interdisciplinary Studies

Interdisciplinary Studies Major Plan of Study

To declare an interdisciplinary studies major, students fill out this form with their advisors’ assistance prior to completing 75 hours of coursework.

Interdisciplinary Studies Major Revision Form

To modify an approved interdisciplinary studies major, students fill out this form with their advisors’ assistance prior to the student's final semester.

Information on Transferring Courses

Many students coming into Southeast Missouri State bring course credits from other colleges or universities; the transfer process can be confusing. This site provides information on being admitted, transferring courses in and getting started at Southeast.

Transferring Courses
General Education Student Worksheet


Academic Hall 132

General Education Program
One University Plaza, MS 3400
Cape Girardeau, Missouri 63701