Kent Library was dedicated in 1939 and greatly expanded and re-dedicated to serve a larger student body in a more modern age in 1968. Recently, the library once again embraced the emerging needs of new generations of students through the development of The Information Commons at Kent Library.
The Information Commons, debuting in 2006, includes state-of-the-art technology in the 100-station computer lab, a one-stop-shop referenced desk with single-point access to information and resources and new furnishings to create a comfortable, collaborative environment. With the creation of the Information Commons, Kent Library embraces the concept of the 21st Century academic library while maintaining the traditional resources and materials required by students and faculty today.
The Information Commons is not just about the physical environment, but also very much about the interactions that take place.