Teacher Preparation Program Admission Requirements
Criteria for admission to the Teacher Preparation Program:
- 42 course hours completed
- 2.75 cumulative GPA
- Passing scores on all sections of the Missouri General Education Assessment (MoGEA)*
OR have a previous 4-year degree from an accredited college/university.
- The following course requirements met
- A grade of C or above in CF/PY120 The Child (Elementary, Early, and Exceptional) or
PY222 Development of the Adolescent (Middle and Secondary)
- A grade of B or above in ED280 Introduction to Education as a Profession or ME222
Principles of Teaching Music (ME222 – starting in Fall 2015)
- International Students must also meet the following requirements:
- C1 (CEFR) level
- IELTS minimum score of 7.0 or TOEFL minimum score of 95
- *Note: This policy is for non-United States citizens who are not native English speakers.
Students from the United Kingdom, Canada, Australia and New Zealand are exempt from
English proficiency verification.
All applications for admission to the Teacher Preparation Program should be submitted
to the Associate Dean’s Office by October 15 (for spring admission) and March 15 (for
To apply to the Teacher Preparation Program please click below.
- Log into the Redhawk system and click on “TPP Application” on the left side of the
screen to fill out the application.
- If you have never logged into the Redhawk system before, Click on “Forgot your Password?”
to reset your password. Once you have reset your password and logged back into the
Redhawk system follow the instructions above.
Application for Admission to the Teacher Preparation ProgramAppeal form for Admission to the Teacher Preparation Program
Missouri General Education Assessment notes
Test registration at: http://www.mo.nesinc.com/
Required scores for sub-tests taken after September 1, 2015:
- Reading Comprehension and Interpretation – 202
- Writing – 193
- Mathematics – 200
- Science and Social Studies - 204