See the latest updates and information regarding the COVID-19 pandemic, including a list of University contact information at semo.edu/covid19.
Hyflex is a flexible course design model which presents the components in a course structure that gives students the option of attending sessions in the classroom, attending sessions via Zoom video conferencing, participating online, or moving between all three. Students can change their mode of attendance weekly or by topic, according to need or preference.
As the instructor, however, you are still in charge of your class and most importantly your pedagogy. The primary difference between Hyperflex classes and other classes is that students can choose the content delivery mode that best fits their needs.
(1) Students are never required to come to campus.
(2) Students are not required to attend class lectures.
(3) Assignments should be posted online, and can be completed (or submitted) online.
(4) Students should be offered the option of working on “virtual” teams for any team-based assignments.
(5) Students are not required to come to class for examinations.
You may enrol yourself in the Hyflex Teaching Resources Course for more information.