The following selection processes are available for both the UI498 CSIS Seminar and
Spring Break opportunities.
*Note: These applications have digital signatures that only work using Internet Explorer.
Make sure to save the form to submit via email after using Internet Explorer to fill
out the form.*
Student applications should be submitted to the Office of the Provost. Completed applications
must be submitted as a single packet no later than Friday, November 16, 2018 either
electronically to email@example.com or as hardcopy to the Office of the Provost, Academic
Full-time faculty may apply to be a faculty team member in the CSIS Seminar. Completed
applications must be submitted as a single packet no later than Friday, November 16,
2018 either electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org or as hardcopy to the Office of the Provost,
Academic Hall 131.
There will be one faculty member accepted. This person will receive a 1/2-time course overload (Spring 2019) for their
participation in the program, which includes team-instruction in the Spring Semester
Full-time Southeast undergraduate:
- Minimum of 60 credit hours, as of the start of the Spring 2019 semester. In addition,
students should be enrolled at Southeast through the fall of 2019.
- GPA of at least 3.0
- Demonstrated leadership involvement on and/or off campus, and academic excellence
- Requires one letter of recommendation and the names of two other references, one of
whom must be a member of the Southeast faculty or staff
If You Are Selected
- You must attend a pre-course meeting in December 2018 on Southeast's main campus.
- You will be enrolled in UI498 for three academic credits. Student participants are
responsible for the tuition and fees for this three-credit hour course. This course
will include online components, the four-day seminar at CSIS over spring break, a
research presentation on campus, and the following five mandatory class meetings:
- Tuesday, January 22, 2019 (5:30 p.m. - 7:30 p.m.)
- Tuesday, February 12, 2019 (5:30 p.m. - 7:30 p.m.)
- Tuesday, March 5, 2019 (5:30 p.m. - 7:30 p.m.)
- Tuesday, March 26, 2019 (5:30 p.m. - 7:30 p.m.)
- Tuesday, April 9, 2019 (5:30 p.m. - 7:30 p.m.)
- Student participants will be charged a $900 CSIS Workshop fee which (only partially)
covers the cost of the program, transportation, lodging and some meals. Thanks to
our generous donors, all participants will receive a $500 scholarship. Therefore,
student participants will only pay $400 towards the cost of the program.
- You must attend the four days in Washington D.C. at CSIS. (March 10-14, 2019)
- You must attend and participate in a designated Research Conference to be held in
April 2019 on Southeast's main campus.