The following selection processes are available for both the UI498 CSIS Seminar and
Spring Break opportunities.
*Note: These applications have digital signatures that only work using Internet Explorer.
Make sure to save the form to submit via email after using Internet Explorer to fill
out the form.*
Student applications should be submitted to Dr. Willie Redmond. Completed applications
must be submitted as a single packet no later than Friday, October 18, 2019 either
electronically to email@example.com (preferred method) or as hardcopy to Dr. Willie Redmond, Dempster Hall 239, MS 5845.
Full-time faculty may apply to be a faculty team member in the CSIS Seminar. Completed
applications must be submitted as a single packet no later than Friday, October 18,
2019 either electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org (preferred method) or as hardcopy to Dr. Willie Redmond, Dempster Hall 239, MS 5845.
There will be one faculty member accepted for the program. This person will receive a 1/2-time course overload (Spring
2020) for their participation in the program, which includes team-instruction in the
Spring Semester - UI498 course.
Full-time Southeast undergraduate student:
- Minimum of 60 credit hours, as of the start of the Spring 2020 semester. In addition,
students should be enrolled at Southeast through the fall of 2020.
- GPA of at least 3.25
- Demonstrated leadership involvement on and/or off campus, and academic excellence
- Requires one letter of recommendation and the names of two other references, one of
whom must be a member of the Southeast faculty or staff
If You Are Selected
- Students will attend a pre-course meeting in December 2019 on Southeast's main campus.
The time and place will be announced.
- Students will be enrolled in UI498 for three academic credits. Student participants
are responsible for the tuition and fees for this three-credit hour course.
- This course will include:
- The four-day seminar at CSIS over spring break,
- A research presentation on campus,
- Face-to-face and online components, which include...
- The following five mandatory class meetings:
- Tuesday, January 28, 2020 (5:30 p.m. - 7:30 p.m.)
- Tuesday, February 18, 2020 (5:30 p.m. - 7:30 p.m.)
- Tuesday, March 10, 2020 (5:30 p.m. - 7:30 p.m.)
- Tuesday, March 31, 2020 (5:30 p.m. - 7:30 p.m.)
- Tuesday, April 14, 2020 (5:30 p.m. - 7:30 p.m.)
- Student participants will be charged a $900 CSIS Travel fee, which (only partially) covers the cost of the program, transportation, lodging and some meals.
- However, thanks to our generous donors, all participants will receive a $500 scholarship.
Therefore, student participants will only pay a travel fee of $400 towards the cost of the program.
- To satisfy the requirements for this course, students must attend the program in Washington
D.C. at CSIS. (March 15-19, 2020)
- Likewise, students must attend and participate in a designated Research Conference
to be held in April 2020 on Southeast's main campus.