See the latest updates and information regarding the COVID-19 pandemic at semo.edu/covid19.
All new students interested in pursuing the BA in Dance major are eligible for a departmental
scholarship. Visit the Auditions page for more information about the audition process.
Scholarship Audition Requirements
All applicants must have:
- filled out and submitted the Theatre and Dance application before the date of the
- applied to Southeast Missouri State University as a dance major in The Jeanine Larson
Dobbins Conservatory of Theatre and Dance. In order for the department to offer a
student a scholarship, he/she must have been accepted into the University as a declared
- registered for Southeast AcademicWorks at semo.academicworks.com
All applicants in dance must:
- participate in the dance master classes
- present a 90 second dance solo in any style
All scholarship recipients must:
- have achieved an ACT composite score of at least 21 or SAT composite score of at least
- earned a cumulative high school grade point average of 3.0 (4.0 scale)
- remain a major in The Jeanine Larson Dobbins Conservatory of Theatre and Dance
- maintain a 2.5 cumulative Southeast grade point average
- maintain a 3.0 cumulative Dance grade point average
- complete 30 credit hours per academic year
- fulfill all duties to the best of her or his ability while maintaining a positive
and professional attitude
The Jeanine Larson Dobbins Conservatory of Theatre and Dance offers generous scholarship
support to students and are renewable with acceptable progress.
Southeast Missouri State University provides a quality education at an affordable
price and has numerous scholarship and financial aid opportunities. University Scholarship
information can be found here.