See the latest updates and information regarding the COVID-19 pandemic at semo.edu/covid19.
|Saturday, February 27, 2016
||Cultural Arts Center Atrium - The Holland School
||Rust Flexible Theatre (Theatre)
CAC Dance Studio (Dance)
||Acting/ Mus. Th. Prepared Auditions
Design Portfolio Presentations
Dance Master Class
|Rust Flexible Theatre
CAC Dance Studio
||Dance Solo Presentations
||CAC Dance Studio
||Acting/ Mus. Th. Dance Combo
||Rust Flexible Theatre
BFA Program/ Scholarship Audition Requirements
All Applicants must have:
- filled out and submitted the Theatre and Dance application before or on the date of
- applied to Southeast Missouri State University as a major in the Jeanine Larson Dobbins
Conservatory of Theatre and Dance;
All Applicants Emphasizing Dancemust have:
- participate in the dance master class
- present a 2 minute dance solo in any style
NOTE: Please bring music on a CD or Ipod.
All Applicants Emphasizing Musical Theatre or Acting must:
- present two contrasting audition pieces;
- Option A: 2 60 - second monologues (modern or contemporary)
- Option B: 1 60 - second monologue & 1 musical theatre song (32 bars)
- Option C: 2 songs (32 bars each)
- Learn and perform a 16 - count jazz dance combination
Notes: If singing, please bring your music with you, as an accompanist will be provided.
Please bring a change of clothing for the dance portion of the audition.
All Applicants Emphasizing Design must:
- present a portfolio of photographs, drawings, draftings, or sketches of past productions,
art class projects, photography, etc.
All Scholarship Recipients must:
- have achieved an Enhanced ACT composite score of at least 21;
- earned a cumulative high school grade point average of 3.0 (4.0 scale);
- remain a major in the Jeanine Larson Dobbins Conservatory of Theatre and Dance;
- maintain a 2.5 cumulative Southeast grade point average;
- maintain a 3.0 cumulative Theatre & Dance grade point average;
- earn no lower than a “B” in all Rehearsal & Production classes;
- complete 30 credit hours per academic year;
- demonstrate, in the judgment of the Theatre & Dance faculty, acceptable artistic growth
in her or his designated area of emphasis; and
- fulfill all duties to the best of her or his ability while maintaining a positive
and professional attitude.
Scholarship Amounts & Additional Scholarships
- All Theatre & Dance Scholarships are renewable with acceptable progress (see above)
and are valued at $500, $1,000, or $1,500.
- All additional Merit - based Academic Scholarships (e.g., President’s, Regents’, &
Governor’s.) and Leadership Award Scholarships are awarded automatically to qualified
students as they are admitted into the university and may affect the award amount
of Theatre & Dance Scholarship.
- Students whose financial aid is already at the highest level due to Regents’ or Governor’s
Scholarships, are encouraged to audition for a Theatre & Dance Scholarship, although
they may not be eligible for additional money. However, those students, as long as
they continue to meet Theatre & Dance Scholarship requirements, may be awarded a Theatre
& Dance Scholarship their sophomore, junior, or senior year should they not meet the
renewal criteria of the academic scholarship, if funding is available.
**Directions to the River Campus can be found online at: www.semo.edu/rivercampus/about/directions.html