Professor and Chairperson of Communication Studies and Modern Languages
Office: Academic Hall Room 213
- Ph.D. - Indiana University
- SC 105 Fundamentals of Oral Comm
- UI 425 Persuasion
- UI 504 Leaders of Social Change
- Rhetoric: Verbal & visual
- Communication in the context of Alzheimer’s
- Communication pedagogy
Scholarly Activity: His work appears in Quarterly Journal of Speech; Rhetoric & Public Affairs; Southern Communication Journal; Basic Communication Course Annual; The Forensic, and more.
Textbook: Public Speaking & Civic Engagement (a Pearson title), is now in its 4th edition and
won NCA's Textbook of Distinction Award (Basic Course Division), 2013.
- College of Liberal Arts' Honors Award for Outstanding Scholarship, 2014
- Student Government's Ervin Award for Excellence in Teaching, 2008
- Student Life & Leadership's Outstanding Advisor Award, 2007