Who can ride the Southeast Gateway Connection?
- Any current Southeast Missouri State University student, faculty, staff, retired employee,
and their guests
- Guests may only ride if they are accompanied by a current student, faculty, or staff
If I am in a wheelchair, am I able to use the Southeast Gateway Connection?
- Yes. For students, faculty, staff, or guests who require additional assistance, it
can be provided with advance notice. In order to secure the appropriate bus, we must
be notified at least 2 weeks in advance of the trip date.
What if I miss the shuttle?
- We will make efforts to remind you of your reservation, but if you miss the shuttle
when it leaves Cape Girardeau, your payment will not be refunded.
- If you miss the shuttle when it leaves St. Louis you should contact the Trip Coordinator via
the phone number you will be provided the day of the trip.
- A private service, Boothill Area Rapid Transit (BART), provides shuttle service from the Cape Girardeau to St. Louis and back. You should
contact them to see if they have a shuttle available that can provide you travel back
to Cape Girardeau. You are responsible for all costs associated with this travel.
- You can contact Cape Air and arrange for a flight from St. Louis to Cape Girardeau. Cape Air has flights on
Saturday and Sunday. You will need to arrange your own transportation to the St. Louis
airport and from the Cape Girardeau airport back to your residence. You are responsible
for all costs associated with this travel.
- A variety of transportation services are present in the St. Louis Area.
Who do I contact if I have a question about the trip?
- Prior to or after the trip you should contact the Office of Campus Life and Events
Services at 573.651.2280.
- During the trip you should contact the Trip Coordinator via the phone number provided
to you on the day of the trip.
Do I have to travel in a group?
May I leave items on the shuttle?
- Personal belongings may be left in the main area of the bus or underneath in the luggage
compartment at your own risk. Neither the University nor the bus service is responsible
for lost or stolen items.
If I cancel my reservation, will any money be refunded?
- If a guest cancels their reservation more than two weeks in advance, a full refund
will be issued.
- If a guest cancels their reservation less than two weeks before the trip date, a refund
request must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org with the reason(s) for cancellation listed. A decision regarding the potential refund
will be made on a case-by-case basis.
- Guests that are no-shows on the day of the trip will not have their payment refunded.
- If the University cancels the trip for any reason, all previously registered guests
will receive a full refund.
Are the trips ever cancelled?
- Trips are subject to cancellation for the following reasons:
- The company providing the service is unable to provide a bus.
- If there is severe weather that presents a travel risk.
- If fewer than 10 people sign up for the scheduled trip.