Vlog SEMO and you could win $3,000 to use in 2020! Create and upload an original YouTube
video highlighting Southeast Missouri State University, and you could be entered to
win a $3,000 scholarship!
How to Enter
- Create an original video focused on one or more of the following categories:
- Campus Tour from a Student’s Perspective
- A Day in the Life of a Redhawk
- Why I Chose Southeast
- Upload the video as a public post on YouTube by 11:59 p.m. on November 3, 2019
- Submit the entry form by 11:59 p.m. on November 3, 2019
- Eligible students include current undergraduate or graduate students. Entrant must
be enrolled full-time for the spring 2020 semester.
- Submissions must abide by the “Submission Guidelines” outlined in this document and
YouTube’s “Community Guidelines”
- Your video submission should be between 1 and 10 minutes in length
- Your video must generate a minimum of 1,000 views on YouTube by December 1, 2019 to
be eligible to win
- Subtitles and closed captions must be added where eligible
- Submissions must comply with, and entrants are subject to judicial sanctions outlined
in, the Southeast Missouri State University Student Code of Conduct.
By Entering You
- Give Southeast Missouri State University the right to use your submission for future
- Verify that all content used, including imagery and music, are owned/created by you
or that you have express written permission for its use
- Acknowledge that YouTube is not a sponsor of this contest
- Agree to release YouTube from any and all liability related to this contest
- Understand that violation of YouTube’s Community Standards, including failure to respect
copyrights of music or video clips you do not own and do not have express permission
to use, will result in disqualification
- The prize is a $3,000 scholarship which can be applied to Southeast Missouri State
University tuition, general fees, textbook rental, residence hall fees, or any combination
of these for the spring 2020 semester. The award is non-renewable and has no cash
value. This scholarship will be credited to the Spring 2020 financial aid package
and regulatory adjustments may be made to other awards, if necessary.
- The winning submission will be chosen based on the following criteria:
- Overall representation of Southeast Missouri State University (45%)
- Uniqueness and Creativity (30%)
- Number of Views (15%)
- Audience Vote (10%)
- One (1) winner will be selected by December 15 , 2019.
FAQs/Getting More Views
What kind of stuff should be in my video?
Ultimately, what you put in your video is up to you. Think about the kind of content
you would’ve liked to have as a high school junior or senior choosing a college. Your
video will serve as an “inside look” for students considering SEMO. Remember, there
are plenty of exciting events and activities taking place during the first eight weeks
of classes that make for engaging content!
Can I just use my phone to make my video?
Yes! No fancy equipment needed. Using free and/or inexpensive video, recording, and
editing equipment is totally acceptable.
How do I get more people to watch my video?
In order to be eligible to win, your video must generate a minimum of 1,000 views
by December 1, 2019. A higher number of views will also increase your chance of winning.
Here are some of our tips for increasing your viewcount:
- Use a search-friendly title and description
- Create an interesting thumbnail image
- Ask your network to watch, engage with, and share your video. Remember, only views
collected on YouTube count toward your total score.
- Make your content as creative and engaging as possible. The more interesting your
video is, the more people will watch.
How many times can I enter?
You can enter up to ten videos. A new entry form must be submitted for each entry.
Does my submission have to be posted on YouTube?
Yes, the submission must be posted on YouTube and meet the minimum view requirement
to be eligible to win.
I'm not currently a student, but I'm starting classes in the spring. Can I participate?
No, this contest is only open to current students.
I'm currently an undergraduate student, but I graduate in December and begin a graduate
program at Southeast in the spring. Can I participate?
Yes! The prize can be applied toward undergraduate and graduate tuition and fees.