See the latest updates and information regarding the COVID-19 pandemic, including
a list of University contact information at semo.edu/covid19.
Cash Advances for Group Travel
Group Travel is defined as an Employee led Student Group trip. It is not for multiple
employees going on the same trip (Conference, Training, etc.)
- The Employee who is responsible for group travel may request up to 100% of the anticipated
cash-in-hand needed for the entire group. Such individuals are responsible for the
accounting and repayment of these advances.
- Advances will not be given for prepaid expenses on Group Travel or Individual Travel.
Please see the Purchasing Card Program as an option for eliminating unnecessary upfront out-of-pocket expenses.
- Cash Advances should be submitted in Chrome River to Accounts Payable at least thirty
(30) business days prior to travel to allow sufficient processing time.
- Cash Advances are processed via direct deposit.
Unused Cash Advance Funds
- Checks should be written to: Southeast Missouri State University
- Complete a Cashier Transmittal Form and return the unused funds to the Cashier's Office.
- Use Fund 100000 and Account 110200. DO NOT return the unused funds to your Department
- The Description should be Unused Travel Advance and the business purpose. (ex. Unused Travel Advance for UI400 Field Trip)
- The Cashier Receipt is the documentation to use for the Expense Report in Chrome River.
For more detailed information about Group Travel and Travel Advances, refer to the
Policy and Procedure Manual OP 07-02, page 8-10.