A graduate certificate can open the doors to advancement in your field by giving you a new or advanced skill set. Some certificates can even cover continuing education requirements for certain fields.
Earning an ESOL certification lets teachers learn how to address the needs of limited English proficient children in the K-12 classroom. You’ll build your understanding of methods and techniques specific to teaching english to these students, and the proper ways to assess their progress. Requirements: Prospective students must hold a valid teaching certificate in the state of Missouri and have prior coursework in Teaching Reading in the Content Areas and Psychology of the Exceptional Child. Missouri State (DESE) requirements for the ESOL Certification program include 21 hours of coursework in the areas of Theories of Second and Foreign Language Learning, Methods and Techniques of TESOL, Materials and Assessment of TESOL, Linguistics, Sociolinguistics, and Practicum in TESOL.
- TL525 Theories of ESL/EFL Learning (3)
- TL530 Practicum for TESOL (3)
- TL585 Methods of Techniques of TESOL (3)
- TL625 Materials Development & Assessment Tools for TESOL (3)
- TL648 Foundations in Linguistics (3)
- SE641 Teaching in a Multicultural Society (3)
- EN686 Sociolinguistics (3)
- TL610 Developing Intercultural Awareness & Competence (3)
- TL604 Workshop (3)
- 3 Hour Elective
Become a Redhawk.
Do more than dream about the future. Take the first steps to make it all happen.
Online Learning at Southeast
When it comes to your success, we do whatever it takes. Online learning at Southeast takes the same reputable college courses taught by Southeast faculty and makes them available anytime, anywhere.