To encourage and assist 200 students, traditionally under-represented because of income;
family educational background; disability; or other relevant federal, state, provincial,
or institutional criteria, in completing a post-secondary education.
The Student Support Services (SSS) program assists program participants by:
- Serving as advocates for access to higher education
- Providing services to assist individuals in achieving their educational goals
- Facilitating the educational development of participants served
- Promoting a multi cultural environment to assist participants with diverse backgrounds
and learning styles
- Collaborating with institutions, organizations, and communities to promote an environment
conducive to the completion of a post-secondary education
Applicants must meet at least one of the following:
- First-generation college student (neither parent has earned a bachelor’s degree)
- Demonstrate economic need (as defined by Federal guidelines)
- Have a documented disability
Successful applicants must demonstrate potential to graduate, as well as, complete
an application and interview process.
Why Join Trio?
- 200 or more students served each academic year
- 71% retention rate of TRIO/SSS participants
- 94% of TRIO/SSS participants maintain good academic standing with the university
- Individual and group tutoring
- Assistance from a student support services coach
- Career planning and counseling
- Support for students with disabilities
- Workshops on academic
- Personal and financial topics
- TRIO networking
- Peer mentorship & internships
- Educational supplies
- Academic advising and planning
This information is currently being updated and will be available at a later time.