To be eligible for Program Admission and Scholarship consideration, you must first
register with Southeast's AcademicWorks. If you are not already registered with AcademicWorks,
click here to register.
This application is for current students and incoming students (fall 2017) applying
for admission to the BFA Program AND all students (BFA or BA) applying for 2017-2018
All Scholarship Applicants must have:
- filled out and submitted this application before or on the date of the audition/interview;
- applied to Southeast Missouri State University as a major in the Conservatory of Theatre
- achieved an Enhanced ACT composite score of at least 21;
- earned a cumulative high school grade point average of 3.0 (4.0 scale);
All Applicants Emphasizing Musical Theatre or Acting must:
- present two contrasting audition pieces at one of the aforementioned auditions;
- Option A: 2 60-second monologues (modern or contemporary)
- Option B: 1 60-second monologue & 1 musical theatre song (32 bars)
- Option C: 2 songs (32 bars each)
Note: Please bring your music with you, as an accompanist will be provided.
All Applicants Emphasizing Musical Theatre must:
- Learn and perform a 16-count jazz dance combination
Note: Please bring a change of clothing for this portion of the audition. There is nothing
All Applicants Emphasizing Dance must:
- participate in the dance master class at one of the aforementioned audition dates;
- present a prepared one-minute solo in any dance style. (Please remember to bring your own music CD or MP3 device)
All Applicants Emphasizing Design must:
- present a portfolio of photographs, drawings, draftings, or sketches of past productions,
art class projects, photography, etc.
All Scholarship Recipientsmust:
- remain a major in the Conservatory of Theatre & Dance;
- maintain a 2.5 cumulative Southeast grade point average;
- maintain a 3.0 cumulative Theatre & Dance grade point average;
- earn no lower than a “B” in all Rehearsal & Production classes;
- complete 30 credit hours per academic year;
- demonstrate, in the judgment of the Theatre & Dance faculty, acceptable artistic growth
in her or his designated area of emphasis; and
- fulfill all duties to the best of her or his ability while maintaining a positive
and professional attitude.
Scholarship Amounts & Additional Scholarships
- All Theatre & Dance Scholarships are renewable with acceptable progress (see above) and are valued at $500, $1,000, or $1,500.
- All additional Merit-based Academic Scholarships (e.g., President’s, Regents’, & Governor’s.) and Leadership Award Scholarships are awarded
automatically to qualified students as they are admitted into the university and may
affect the award amount of Theatre & Dance Scholarship.
- Students whose financial aid is already at the highest level due to Regents’ or Governor’s
Scholarships, are encouraged to audition for a Theatre & Dance Scholarship, although
they may not be eligible for additional money. However, those students, as long as
they continue to meet Theatre & Dance Scholarship requirements, may be awarded a Theatre
& Dance Scholarship their sophomore, junior, or senior year should they not meet the
renewal criteria of the academic scholarship, if funding is available.