A few important things to consider while making the choice:
- Academically appropriate program: courses and topics you need to take
- Ability to substitute courses, major requirements and enrollment for the following
semester after you come back to Southeast (you must talk to your advisor)
- Program matches your language ability (some programs are available in English)
- Ability to communicate in the country you’d like to visit
- Length and type of travel
- Location by country/city, setting, school size and community size
- Personal health considerations: pre-existing health conditions, immunizations, insurance
- Financial aid and scholarship availability
The minimum eligibility requirements are:
- be in good standing (academic, disciplinary, financial)
- earn a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5 before participating in study abroad*
- successful completion of at least two semesters of college-level coursework before
participating in a program
- obtain transfer credit and/or course pre-approval authorization*
* Check additional GPA requirements from your department/major as well as the program
and the school you will choose for studying abroad.
Southeast programs are direct agreements with other universities or organizations.
Use this database to find the program that best fits your interests. Enter your email
address in the box below to obtain a list of programs that meet your search criteria.