The BFA in musical theatre is a professional training program designed to prepare
students for a career in theatre, film, and television. Musical theatre majors have
the opportunity to perform in six main stage productions each year, two second stage
productions, the Fault Line Film Festival, perform in voice concerts, and audition
for employment at regional and national theatre festivals.
The rigorous training and varied experiences of the BFA in musical theatre provides
an excellent foundation for careers in performance, as well as ancillary positions
in the industry.
What You'll Do
- Train with experienced faculty and staff in the areas of acting, singing, voice, and
- Prepare for rewarding career as a professional capable of performing in a variety
- Study and train in the beautiful River Campus, a multimillion dollar facility devoted
to the visual and performing arts.
- Benefit from an established program of collaboration with professional guest actors,
directors, singers, casting agents, and designers.
- Establish relationships with professional actors, directors, and singers through internships,
outside auditions, master classes, artist residencies, theatre festivals, and a Senior
Showcase in NYC.
What You'll Study
- DA211 Ballet
- MU151 Functional Piano
- TH122 Class Voice for Musical Theatre
- TH251 Costume Construction
View Department Page