The BFA in dance is a pre-professional training program that prepares students for
careers in dance and other performing arts and has an emphasis on experiential and
academic training. Dance majors have the opportunity to perform in four large-scale
concerts each year, participate in musical theatre productions, and attend regional
and national dance festivals.
The rigorous training and varied experiences of the BFA in dance provides an excellent
foundation for graduate study or careers in advanced performance, academics, and teaching.
Dance students will…
- Train with experienced faculty and staff in the areas of ballet, jazz, modern and
- Prepare for rewarding careers as a professional capable of performing in a variety
of dance styles.
- Study and train in the beautiful River Campus, a multimillion dollar facility devoted
to the visual and performing arts.
- Benefit from an established program of collaboration with professional guest dancers
- Establish relationships with professional dancers, choreographers, and dance companies
through internships, intensives, dance festivals, and a Senior Showcase in New York