The mission of the Dance Program is to train students into becoming resourceful contemporary
dance artists by offering solid and vigorous studio technique, challenging and vital
classroom experiences, and numerous performance opportunities.
The BFA in Dance is a professional training program designed to offer students the
opportunity to learn and hone their technical and artistic skills in dance. The degree
focuses on the areas of training, production and professional development incorporating
academic courses, co-curricular and extra-curricular activities to enhance learning.
Upon graduation, BFA Dance majors are expected to have acquired the skills necessary
for entrance into the professional dance market. To achieve that goal, the program
is designed to continually challenge the abilities of the student and to regularly
assess student progress. The B.F.A in Dance also prepares students interested in continuing
studies to the M.F.A. level.
Dance students will…
- Train with experienced faculty in the areas of ballet, pointe, jazz, modern and tap.
- Prepare for rewarding careers as a dance professional capable of performing in a variety
of dance styles.
- Study and train in the beautiful River Campus, a multimillion dollar facility devoted
to the visual and performing arts.
- Benefit from an established program of collaboration with exceptional professional
guest dancers and choreographers.
- Establish relationships with professional dancers, choreographers, and dance companies
through master classes, residencies, internships, intensives, and dance festivals.
Bachelor of Fine Arts in Dance Students will:
- Demonstrate mature work ethics and healthy lifestyle habits consistent with professionals
in the field of dance;
- Achieve a high level of competency and skill in technique and performance of ballet,
modern and jazz dance techniques;
- Demonstrate familiarity with in the many facets of dance production and other professionally
oriented work in dance;
- Demonstrate proficiency in choreographic principles, concepts and development of a
- Exhibit fundamental knowledge of the body and of kinesiology as applicable to work
- Show basic knowledge and skills in dance pedagogy;
- Identify dance in historical, cultural and stylistic contexts;
- Demonstrate the ability to critically analyze and evaluate dance; and
- Display the ability to creatively solve problems.
Live Chat Support Software