Due to snow in the region, Southeast Missouri State University’s programs at Three
Rivers College in Poplar Bluff, Missouri, will be closed on Thursday, Jan. 18.
The College of Education creates a supportive climate to help all education majors
meet the rigor of teacher education. Students have the opportunity to participate
in Tomorrow’s Teachers Learning Community which links cohort learning and living opportunities.
Students also receive support in preparation for the entrance exam required for admission.
We currently offer 27 undergraduate licensure programs and options for advanced licensure,
as well. Students say the learning community and cohort structure of our programs
encourage a strong bond with peers and increased success across the program.
What You'll Do
- Participate in multiple field experiences in local classrooms.
- Integrate technology into the curriculum with our one-to-one instructional model.
- Have the opportunity to study abroad on short-term trips or exchanges in Spanish-speaking
- Opportunities for leadership in our numerous student organizations.
- Have full-time faculty with experience in the classroom as their primary instructors.
- Enjoy the benefit of national accreditation of our programs.
What You'll Study
- ED280 Introduction to Teaching
- SE322 Techniques of Teaching Foreign Languages
- SN100 Spanish Language & Culture I
- SN220 Hispanic Literature
View Department Page