The Department of Nursing offers a Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN). The BSN is
approved by the Missouri State Board of Nursing and accredited by the Commission on
Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE).
After passing the national examination, graduates of the BSN program are eligible
to apply for licensure as registered professional nurses in all 50 states and the
Nursing students will…
- Are taught in theory and clinical courses by experienced faculty with a minimum of
a master’s degree in nursing; approximately 50% of the faculty possess doctoral degrees.
- Experience clinical practice in every specialty area in nursing, working with faculty
and clinical agency staff.
- Enjoy faculty-to-student ratios of 1:8-9 in the first year of nursing courses; 1:10-11
in the second year of nursing.
- Receive a full semester of targeted preparation for the NCLEX, the licensure examination
required after graduation. The 8-year first-time passage rate for the program is over
- Are fully prepared for nursing practice in any area of nursing, and also are eligible
to apply to any graduate program in nursing.
Live Chat Support Software