Technology Management: Telecomm & Computer Networking will change to Tech Management:
Computer Network Systems Administration starting fall 2018
Technology management is a field of study designed to prepare technical and/or management-oriented
professionals for employment in business, industry, education, and government. Technology
management is primarily involved with the management, operation, and maintenance of
complex technological systems while engineering and engineering technology are primarily
involved with the design and installation of these systems.
What You'll Do
- Be prepared to design, implement, and support networked systems in both standard and
- Gain a solid foundation in the hardware and architecture of telecommunication networks
and systems, operating systems and applications, system design and analysis, networking
theory and solutions, types of networks including fiber optics and wireless, network
management and control, network and flow optimization, network security, configuring,
- Be provided with comprehensive knowledge, skills, and necessary training to pursue
careers as information technology professionals.
- Learn concepts of network design, integration, security, administration, and management
of computing and telecommunications technologies.
- Learn how to assess and identify user needs and configure and implement systems using
current and emerging technologies in the networking and telecommunications field.
What You'll Study
- CY201 Introduction to Cybersecurity
- TN255 Microcomputer Maintenance & Troubleshooting
- TN435 Network Security
- TN475 Scaling Networks
View Department Page