Due to snow in the region, Southeast Missouri State University’s programs at Three
Rivers College in Poplar Bluff, Missouri, will be closed on Thursday, Jan. 18.
Actuarial science includes the study of areas such as mathematics, probability, statistics,
finance, and economics. An actuary applies these areas of study to assess risk in
business and industrial settings. The most common areas studied are insurance and
What You'll Do
- Interact with statistics and actuarial faculty with diverse backgrounds.
- Be exposed to practical projects in actuarial risk, financial time series, and regression
- Have a strong foundation in calculus and probability.
- Be prepared for professional examinations. Curriculum guidance and study sessions
are part of the program core.
- Have access to modern computer labs with mathematical and statistical software.
- Be encouraged to join Math Club. Learn how to use software to model and predict risk
- Enroll in business courses, which is a unique feature of this program.
- Have opportunities to intern with corporations in metropolitan areas such as St. Louis
What You'll Study
- EC351 Applied Economic Models
- MA250 Foundations of Math
- MA350 Differential Equations
- MA375 Theory of Interest
View Department Page