Due to snow in the region, Southeast Missouri State University’s programs at Three
Rivers College in Poplar Bluff, Missouri, will be closed on Thursday, Jan. 18.
The Entrepreneurship option under the Management major has been approved as a stand-alone
major titled Entrepreneurship, effective fall 2018. Contact the Department of Management
& Marketing for more information or to declare this major.
The entrepreneurship program develops the ability create ideas, identify opportunities
and turn innovations into marketable solutions, regardless of career aspirations.
The entrepreneurship option in management offers students the opportunity to create,
design, and develop innovative products and business models for startup and existing
businesses. Students work alongside peers from many creative disciplines and successful
entrepreneurs in in this effort.
What You'll Do
- Interact with qualified, award winning faculty in a small class environment.
- Study in Robert A. Dempster Hall, an efficient and beautiful business building with
a look and feel of a corporate environment.
- Have access to more than 30 study-abroad programs offered with the Harrison College
- Have access to Southeast’s Douglas C. Greene Center for Innovation and Entrepreneurship,
one of the largest entrepreneurship programs in the Midwest. Entrepreneurial studies
prepare students to be creative and innovative in their chosen careers.
- Have an opportunity to participate in an Ideation Workshop, offered every fall and
spring, where students learn the tools to navigate entrepreneurial processes.
What You'll Study
- BA361 Principles of Entrepreneurship
- BA551 Managing and Growing the New Ventures
- BA561 Business Planning for New Ventures
- MG470 Leadership in Management
View Department Page