The B.A. in dance consists of broad-based education and training in dance, providing
students the flexibility to explore all aspects of the performing arts. The degree
combines theoretical and analytical approaches to understanding dance and has an emphasis
on experiential and academic training. Students graduate with the background to pursue
a career in the professional dance world or go on to graduate studies.
What You'll Do
- Train with experienced faculty and staff in areas of dance that include ballet, jazz,
modern, tap, world, and urban dance.
- Prepare for rewarding careers as a dancer or dance teacher who is capable of teaching
a variety of dance styles.
- Study and train in the beautiful River Campus, a multimillion dollar facility devoted
to the visual and performing arts.
- Benefit from an established program of collaboration with professional guest dancers
- Establish relationships with professional dancers, choreographers, and dance companies
through internships, intensives, and dance festivals.
What You'll Study
- DA105 Rehearsal and Production I
- DA280 Movement Analysis I
- DA290 Dance in World Cultures
- DA380 Choreography I
View Department Page