Students who choose the commercial photography major learn to operate their own commercial
photography studio or work for one, and prepare for other professions such as photo
editor, photo retoucher, photographic assistant, and other fields of visual and graphic
communication and applied arts. Students learn the principles of film and digital
photography and other digital imaging technologies. Courses focus on proper exposure
for digital images, studio and location lighting, and post-production, including editing,
retouching, and compositing.
What You'll Do
- Use software for print and web design, including design, digital imaging, editing,
typography and layout.
- Acquire and edit digital images. The digital still camera and its operations are stressed
along with computer image editing software.
- Be introduced to multimedia software, hardware, the integration of text, technical
graphics, sound, animation, web page design, and CD/DVD publishing.
- Be introduced to software such as Adobe Illustrator, Adobe InDesign, Adobe Photoshop,
Adobe Lightroom, Adobe InDesign and Adobe Flash.
What You'll Study
- GM180 Introduction to Technical Graphics
- GM282 Vector Graphics
- PG285 Commercial Photographic Lighting
- PG286 Commercial Studio Photography
View Department Page