This degree is offered at our Kennett, Malden, and Sikeston regional campuses in addition to the Southeast Missouri State University Cape campus.
The study of child development encompasses the human life span from conception through
adolescence and provides a foundation for your professional role in human service
and education careers. Graduates work with children, families, and allied professionals
in instructional, supervisory and support capacities.
What You'll Do
- Interact one-on-one with qualified faculty in face-to-face and online classes.
- Acquire first-hand knowledge of child development in action through experiential learning
with children and families in a variety of University and community settings.
- Apply child development knowledge to create healthy, supportive learning and care
- Complete a Child Development Career Internship, the capstone of integrated study.
- Be prepared to collaborate with allied professionals in government, corporate, education,
and social service settings.
What You'll Study
- CF102 Relationships in the 21st Century
- CF209 Introduction to Family Systems
- CF300 Parent Education
- CF310 School Age Child Care
View Department Page