Chemistry is the branch of natural science that deals with the properties and classification
of matter, the changes that matter undergoes, and the energy associated with these
changes. Research by chemists increases our knowledge about chemicals and their roles
in the natural world and has led to the discovery and development of new and improved
products and advances in medicine, agriculture, food processing and other fields.
What You'll Do
- Gain a rigorous foundation in chemistry, science, math and forensic sciences in the
context of a broad university education
- Interact closely with experienced faculty who are recognized for their writing, training,
professional affiliations and expertise.
- Study in the state-of-the-art, first-rate learning environment provided by the newly
renovated Magill Hall of Science, including dedicated forensic science laboratories.
- Have the opportunity to conduct research that helps develop independent thinking and
- Connect with a network of forensic science alumni and gain opportunities for mentoring
What You'll Study
- CH343 Advanced Organic Chemistry
- CH420 Forensic Chemistry
- CJ350 Criminalistics
- EV460 Introduction to Toxicology
View Department Page