Biochemistry deals with the chemical foundations and properties for all living processes.
Research by biochemists increases our knowledge about chemicals and processes that
govern the living world and has led to the discovery and development of new and improved
medicines, agricultural breakthroughs, and other areas that unveil the mysteries of
What You'll Do
- Gain a rigorous foundation in biochemistry, chemistry, science
and math in the context of a broad university education.
- Interact closely with experienced faculty who are recognized for
their writing, training, professional affiliations, and expertise.
- Study in the state-of-the-art, first-rate learning environment
provided by the newly renovated Magill Hall of Science.
- Have opportunities to pursue research and scholarship that help
develop independent thinking and problem solving.
- Have employment opportunities within the department that can
provide chemistry-related work experience prior to graduation.
What You'll Study
- CH185 General Chemistry
- CH186 Foundations of Inorganic Chemistry
- CH187 Inorganic Chemistry and Qualitative Analysis Laboratory
- CH271 Foundations of Analytical Chemistry
View Department Page