Accounting is the art and practice of measuring, interpreting, and communicating information
about financial activity. The accounting curriculum teaches the rules and procedures
of financial, cost, tax and governmental accounting. CPA exam pass rates place Southeast
among the top three state universities in Missouri and well above the national average.
Many states, including Missouri, require 150 credit hours to sit for the CPA exam
- 24 hours beyond the 126-hour accounting program. To meet this demand, Southeast
offers a 33-credit hour track in the MBA program so you can fulfill this requirement
while working toward your master’s degree.
Accounting students will…
- Interact with qualified, award winning faculty in a small class environment.
- Be prepared for professional examinations. Curriculum guidance is received from an
advisory board comprised of partners from St. Louis and regional accounting firms.
- Study in Robert A. Dempster Hall, an efficient and beautiful business building with the look and feel of a corporate
- Have access to more than 30 study-abroad programs offered within the Harrison College
- Have access to Southeast’s Douglas C. Greene Center for Innovation and Entrepreneurship, one of the largest entrepreneurship programs in the Midwest. Entrepreneurial studies
can prepare students to be creative and innovative in their chosen careers.
Live Chat Support Software