Willard Duncan Vandiver Hall is a five-story, suite-style residence hall. The first
floor houses the main commons space, laundry facilities, customer service desk, mailroom,
Hall Director Office, and TV/Game room. On floors two through five, there are two
lounges on each floor with approximately 70 students per floor. Located at the center
of each floor is a large living room area with kitchenette, LAN drops, and plenty
of room for meetings, social gatherings, studying, or just a place to go and relax.
A second, mid-sized lounge provides a more social and intimate space for residents
Also located on each floor is a designated study room designed for 8 to 10 students
to meet and practice a presentation or conduct a small group study session. Two students
share a room and a bathroom area adjoins two rooms. All the furniture in the room
is loftable, and each room comes a with cable TV outlet and a LAN (Local Area Network)
port for each resident of the room.
Quick Facts, Dimensions, & Amenities
- Location: Located at Henderson next to Merick hall
- Hall Type: Suite Style (two bedrooms connected by bathroom)
- Suite style restrooms are cleaned by the resident
- Residential Capacity: 293 beds, 2 RA singles per floor (1 RA single on first floor),
5 residential floors
- Room Types: Double Occupancy;
- Approximate Room Measurements: 18’ W x 11’ L x 9’ H.
- Window sizes: 6’ H x 3’ W. There are two windows in the room.
- Desktop Measurements: 42” L x 24” W.
- Dresser (3-drawer and moveable): 30” W x 24” D x 29 1/2” H. Each drawer is approximately
5 ½” D. Each person in the room has their own dresser.
- Wardrobe Dimensions (All dimensions are from the base of the space in the wardrobe
which clothes are hung to the closet rod (i.e. where you hang your clothes): 34 ½”
W x 21 ¾” D x 54” H.
- Mattress size: 80” L (extra-long twin).
- Approximate Measurement of bed (for storage underneath) 80” L x 39” D x 33” H. This
applies if you raise your bed on the highest rung without lofting. The bed can also
- Space under sink: 23” H x 22 ½” D x 27” W
- Cable Connection: 1 outlet per room
- Community Kitchen: each floor
- Elevator: 2 cabs
- Internet Connection: LAN and Wi-Fi
- Laundry: 1st floor
- Telephone: 1 outlet per room (service not included)
- TV Lounge: On each floor
- Program Lounge: 1st Floor and basement level
- Vending Machines: Basement level, snacks and soda
- Mailboxes: 1st floor
- Customer Service Desk: 1st floor
Room and Board Rates