Towers South offers students a living environment that is an ideal mix of new and
returning students. The community-style living in Towers South is perfect for new
students, and for those returning students who wish to continue to live in a community-style
environment. The community-style living in South ensures a high level of involvement
with other members of the community.
Each floor can house 35 students, including the Resident Assistant. Each floor has
a separate shower area. A separate room has private toilet facilities. Each student
room has a sink, which students find very convenient! There is a lounge with comfortable
furniture, a microwave, and a television on each floor.
Quick Facts, Dimensions, & Amenities
- Location: North campus adjacent to Towers Complex
- Hall Type: Community Style (floor residents share bath/shower rooms)
- Community style restrooms are cleaned professionally
- Residential Capacity: 375; 11 floors
- Floor Capacity: 17 resident rooms, 1 RA single per floor
- Room Types: Double Occupancy; corner rooms (01 and 02) have different layout
- Approximate Room Measurements: 11’ W x 16’ L x 9’6” H.
- Window sizes: 61” H x 43” W.
- Desktop Measurements: 36” L x 24” W.
- Dresser (8-drawer built-in): 28 ½” W x 24” D x 49” H. Each drawer is approximately
4” D. Both residents in the room share the dresser.
- Wardrobe Dimensions (All dimensions are from the base of the space in the wardrobe
which clothes are hung to the closet rod (i.e. where you hang your clothes): 34 ½”
W x 21 ¾” D x 54” H.
- Built-in Closets (All dimensions are from the floor to the height of the closet rod
(i.e. where you hang your clothes): 31 ½” W x 35” D x 64” H. There is additional
storage above the closet rod for storage.
- Mattress size: 80” L (extra-long twin).
- Approximate Measurement of bed (for storage underneath) 80” L x 39” D x 33” H. This
applies if you raise your bed on the highest rung without lofting. The bed can also
- Space under sink – 26” W x 23” D x 21” H.
Within Towers South
- Cable Connection: 1 outlet per room
- Community Kitchen: 1st floor
- Internet Connection: LAN (1 per student) and Wi-Fi
- Laundry: 1st floor
- Telephone: 1 outlet per room (service not included)
- TV Lounge: On each floor
- Program Lounge: 1st floor
- Vending Machines: 1st floor soda
Within the Complex
- Computer Lab and IT Technician: 1st floor
- Customer Service Desk: 1st floor
- Towers Dining Center: 2nd floor
- Rowdy’s: 1st floor
- Mailboxes: 1st floor
- ATM: 1st floor
- Vending Machines: 1st floor Snacks and Soda