LaFerla Hall opened Fall 2013 and is located adjacent to Otto and Della Seabaugh Polytechnic
Building, Robert A. Dempster Hall and Marvin Rosengarten Athletic Complex. LaFerla
Hall is a suite style community with double occupancy student rooms connected by a
shared entrance and bathroom. The residence hall has multiple small living rooms throughout
the building, a large game room/kitchenette, laundry room, and multiple study lounges
on each floor.
In addition to the unique room layout, LaFerla Hall is home to many of the Residential
Learning Communities. The student population of LaFerla Hall is a mix of new and returning
students. Most students in our learning communities are new students, with some upper
level students who were previous members of the learning community remaining on the
floor to help support the program. Since most beds in the residence hall are allocated
to learning communities, there is very limited space for new students who want to
live in LaFerla Hall, but not participate in one of the learning communities.
Quick Facts, Dimensions, & Amenities
- Location: North Campus
- Hall Type: Suite Style (residents share bath/shower rooms)
- Suite style bathrooms are cleaned by the resident
- Residential Capacity: 252 beds; 4 floors; 7 wings
- Floor Capacity: 33 resident rooms, 1 RA per wing
- Room Types: Double Occupancy;
- Approximate Room Measurements: 10'9" W x 17'5" L x 10' H.
- Window sizes: 3’ 4” W x 6’ 6” H; there are two windows (side-by-side) in the room.
- Desktop Measurements: 36” L x 24” W.
- Dresser (3-drawer and movable): 30” W x 24” D x 30” H. Each drawer is approximately
5 ½” D. Each person in the room has their own dresser.
- Built-in closet: 8’1” H x 2’ 10” W x 1’10” There is additional storage above the closet
rod for storage.
- Mattress size: 80” L (extra-long twin) Loft kit included.
- Approximate Measurement of bed (for storage underneath) 80” L x 39” D x 33” H. This
applies if you raise your bed on the highest rung without lofting. The bed can also
- Space under sink: 27”W x 24” H x 20” D.
- Cable Connection: 1 outlet per room
- Community Kitchen: 1st floor
- Kitchenettes: 1 on every floor
- Customer Service Desk: 1st floor
- Internet Connection: LAN (1 per student) and Wi-Fi
- Laundry: 1st floor
- Telephone: 1 outlet per room (service not included)
- TV Lounge: On each floor
- Program Lounge: Every floor
- Mailboxes: 1st floor
- Vending Machines: 1st floor, snacks and soda
Room and Board Rates