The Ken and Jeanine Dobbins River Campus Center Residence Hall opened Fall 2014. This
Residence Hall is a suite style community with double occupancy student rooms connected
by a shared entrance, kitchenette, living room, bath and shower room. The Ken and
Jeanine Dobbins River Campus Center will be home to many of the Visual and Performing
Art students. The community is a mix of new and returning students. While the building
will predominantly be occupied by visual and performing art students, the residence
hall is open to any student regardless of major.
The building will be staffed by two specially trained Resident Assistants who live
on each of the floors and work to develop a supportive environment for members of
each community. The Resident Assistants and Hall Director are familiar with the typical
needs of students.
Quick Facts, Dimensions, & Amenities
- Location: River Campus
- Hall Type: Suite Style w/kitchenette
- Suite style bathrooms are cleaned by the resident
- Residential Capacity: 184, 2 Floors
- Floor Capacity: 44 resident rooms (2nd Floor) 48 rooms (3rd Floor); 2 RA’s per floor
- Room Types: Double Occupancy
- Approximate Room Measurements: 11’7” W x 13’8”L x 9’2 H.
- Window sizes: 4’ W x 6’ 8” H.
- Desktop Measurements: 36” L x 24” W.
- Dresser (3-drawer and movable): 30” W x 24” D x 30” H. Each drawer is approximately
5 ½” D. Each person in the room has their own dresser.
- Built-in Closets (All dimensions are from the floor to the height of the closet rod
(i.e. where you hang your clothes): 42” W x 31” D x 65” H.
- Mattress size: 80” L (extra-long twin). Loft kit included.
- Approximate Measurement of bed (for storage underneath) 80” L x 39” D x 33” H. This
applies if you raise your bed on the highest rung without lofting. The bed can also
- Space under sink: 27”W x 24” H x 20” D.
Within the Suite
- 36” flat screen TV
- Couch, chair, end table,
Within the building
- Cable Connection: 1 outlet per room; Wi-Fi
- Community Kitchen: On each floor
- Customer Service Desk: 1st Floor
- Dining Services: St. Vincent’s Commons 1st Floor
- Mailboxes: 1st Floor
- Internet Connection: LAN (1 per student) and Wi-Fi
- Laundry: On each floor
- Telephone: 1 outlet per room (service not included)
- TV Lounge: on each wing lounge
- Vending Machines: 1st Floor
- Fitness Center: 2nd Floor
- Practice Rooms
- Lighted parking lot
Room and Board Rates