Dearmont Hall was built between 1957-1958, and it first opened for students during
the 1958-1959 academic year. Dearmont Hall is a traditional-style, three-story residence
hall built around a central courtyard or "quad". There are four wings and a central
complex that surround the quad. The patio and large main lounge are great for socializing,
meeting friends, and hosting hall activities. Within the air-conditioned complex,
students have access to vending machines, an ice machine, and Customer Service Desk.
Today all of the floors in Dearmont, including those that in past years were offices,
have been converted to single occupancy residence hall rooms.
Quick Facts, Dimensions, & Amenities
- Location: Central – next to Kent Library
- Hall Type: Community Style (floor residents share bath/shower rooms)
- Community style restrooms are cleaned professionally
- Residential Capacity: 200 beds; 4 wings; 3 floors each
- Floor Capacity: 16 resident rooms, 1 RA single per floor
- Room Types: Single Occupancy;
- Approximate Room Measurements: 11’ W x 16’ L x 8’ H.
- Window sizes: 118” W x 52” H.
- Desktop Measurements: 36” L x 24” W.
- Dresser (8-drawer built-in): 28 ½” W x 24” D x 49” H. Each drawer is approximately
- Built-in Closets (All dimensions are from the floor to the height of the closet rod
(i.e. where you hang your clothes): 35 ½” W x 36” D x 67 ½” H. There is additional
storage above the closet rod for storage.
- Mattress size: 74” L (regular twin).
- Approximate Measurement of bed (for storage underneath) 74” L x 39” D x 33” H. This
applies if you raise your bed on the highest rung without lofting. The bed can also
- Space under sink: 20” H x 26 ½” D x 24 ½” W
- All rooms have sinks except the rooms on A1 and D1. Rooms on A1 that have sinks (but
no storage underneath) are A101, A102, and A104. Rooms on D1 that have sinks (but
no storage underneath) are D101 and D106.
- Cable Connection: 1 outlet per room
- Internet Connection: LAN (1 per student) and Wi-Fi
- Laundry: Every Floor
- Telephone: 1 outlet per room (service not included)
- TV Lounge: On each floor
- Program Lounge: Main Complex
- Vending Machines: snacks and soda
- Community Kitchen
- Customer Service Desk
Room and Board Rates