Yes. Students often have questions about what to bring, what kinds of rules are in
place, and where to go for help. The Residents' Handbook of Understandings is a great reference.
Some specific items you should leave at home:
- Air conditioner or space heater
- Any appliance with an open heating element (toaster, toaster oven, hot plate, George
- Halogen lamp, quartz lamp, or any other lamp (including a desk lamp) with an exposed
- Open flame devices (e.g., candles, incense)
- Illegal or unauthorized materials (e.g., alcohol, drugs, firearms or dangerous weapons,
fireworks, stolen property)
- Hazardous chemicals, including flammable liquids
- Weapons, including firearms, large knives, or decorative swords
- Paintball/airsoft/pellet guns
- Pets, except fish
- Extremely valuable or irreplaceable items
- Wi-Fi Routers are highly disturbing to the campus Wi-Fi and will be confiscated.