Southeast Missouri State University has established a requirement that all full-time
students (enrolled in at least 12 credit hours) live on campus for two years (four
semesters). In accordance with the residency requirement, all full-time students
must live on campus unless they meet at least one of the following criteria for an
exemption from the residency requirement:
- Are living with parents or legal guardian, and commuting from their residence, within
a reasonable distance (50 miles) of Cape Girardeau.
- Are 21 years of age by the beginning of the semester for which they are enrolled.
- Are a military veteran.
- Have completed at least 57 credit hours, which are accepted by the University towards
earning a degree from Southeast. Credit hours must be earned as of the beginning of the semester for which the release
- Are married and/or have dependent children in residence.
- Have lived in University housing at Southeast for two years (four semesters, not including
summer or winter intersession).