The Master of Science in Technology Management program is designed to serve those
who are interested in working with technical managers, production supervisors, engineers,
technicians, and similar leaders. Those enrolled in this program will be prepared
for leadership positions in industry and related enterprises. This program is offered
in both part-time and full-time formats.
Upon completion of this program, graduates will develop the ability to implement systems,
increase productivity, and improve quality of products and services.
- CPT/OPT training
- Understand management and its direct role in industry
- Participate in experiential learning opportunities within industries
- Engage in research-related activities to solve real-world application problems
- Learn production planning, applications of scientific techniques for quality control,
and assurance and management of production processes
- Applicants must hold a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university
in industrial/engineering technology, engineering, industrial/technical education,
or related fields with course work or a significant background in engineering economics
quality control and process management.
- An applicant who has another degree with a portfolio that can verify a record of successful
industrial experience as a technical manager can be admitted after completing the
required prerequisite courses.
- Consideration for regular admission is based on an undergraduate grade point average
of at least 3.25 on a 4.0 scale.
- Students who do not meet this requirement may be provisionally admitted and allowed
to complete only nine graduate semester hours. Upon completion of the nine hours at
Southeast, the student must have a grade point average of 3.33 on a 4.0 scale to be
considered for full admission to the program. For more information, visit semo.edu/polytech/academics/ms.html.
- If students have passed the entrance exam to the program, no pre-requisite courses
Apply for Information