he Master of Arts in Elementary Education at Southeast Missouri State University is
an online graduate degree that offers three emphasis areas:
- Math / Science
- Early Childhood Education (ECE)
This program is designed to assist classroom teachers both deepen their teaching skills
and broaden their knowledge in their area of expertise. Additionally, this degree
will help those seeking additional certificates.
- The College of Education was recognizes as an Apple Distinguished School for the 2017-2019
- Southeast's students in the College of Education will be equipped with a 21st century skill set that emphasizes technology; its' integration into the classroom
environment, and through the classroom setting learn how the technology can benefit
both teachers and students
- Students will be able to choose an area of emphasis that not only meets their career
interests and goals, but they will be able to do so while receiving personal advertisement
from a faculty member with expertise in that particular area of study
- Provides job security for teachers in both suburban and rural environments
- The applicant must have a teaching certificate or a qualifying score on the Missouri
Content Exam (MoCA) or take and be in the 50th percentile of the verbal and analytic components of the Graduate Record Examination
(GRE) or the Millers Analogy Test (MAT).
- Undergraduate grade point average must be at or above a 2.75.