Welcome To Institute For Regional Innovation And Entrepreneurship
To support the University’s strategic priority to advance Southeast Missouri’s economic
appeal and strength by leading in the development of an increasingly entrepreneurial
economy that inspires and encourages individuals to adopt a culture of creativity,
innovation, and entrepreneurship.
The Institute for Regional Innovation and Entrepreneurship stimulates entrepreneurial
growth and development that improves the quality of lives, communities, and businesses
in Southeast Missouri and beyond by:
- Accelerating Entrepreneurship: Providing entrepreneurial training programs, venture
mentoring services, and venture incubation that lead to the creation of an increasing
number of new ventures.
- Cultivating Innovative Entrepreneurship: Connecting faculty, students, researchers,
and inventors with resources to transfer ideas to commercial products, processes,
- Facilitating Existing Small Business Growth: Providing business training, counseling,
and mentoring services that increase the sustainability of new ventures and growth
of existing and emerging enterprises.
- Building & Strengthening Networks: Connecting innovators, entrepreneurs, and communities
with resources that accelerate venture creation and growth and development of an entrepreneurial
- Building Entrepreneurship Ecosystems: Conducting scientific and practical research
that leads to publications in academic and professional journals and contributes to
the growing body of literature concerning the teaching, practice, and science of innovation